Global Multi-stakeholder SIDS Partnership Dialogue
Wednesday, 7 June 2017
1:15 PM - 2:30 PM
ECOSOC Chamber, UNHQ
A/70/269 - Follow-up to and implementation of the SIDS Accelerated Modalities of Action (SAMOA) Pathway and the Mauritius Strategy for the Further Implementation of the Programme of Action for the Sustainable Development of Small Island Developing States
[Arabic] [Chinese] [English] [French] [Russian] [Spanish]
- Concept note and tentative programme
OBJECTIVEOrganized on the occasion of The Ocean Conference, the event will have a specific focus on Ocean partnerships for SIDS, and aim to galvanize voluntary commitments for the implementation of SDG 14 among the SIDS partnership community, as a contribution to the outcome of the Ocean Conference.
Inscription for member StatesDelegations wishing to inscribe on the list of speakers are invited to contact the ECOSOC Affairs Branch (Ms. Maria Theresa Olvida (email: email@example.com).
GUIDANCE NOTE OF THE INTERACTIVE DIALOGUE
- The interactive part of the Global Multi-stakeholder SIDS Partnership Dialogue will aim to achieve a balance among speakers from all stakeholders.
- Participants wishing to make an intervention during the interactive part of a partnership dialogue would need to press the microphone request button once the floor is open for the interactive dialogue. Delegations wishing to inscribe on the list of speakers in advance, especially those with high-level representatives, may do so by contacting the ECOSOC Affairs Branch (Ms. Maria Theresa Olvida (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Interventions in the interactive debate will be made from the floor, and should be succinct, concise and limited to three minutes. Participants are encouraged to focus on concrete solutions from partnerships that advance the implementation of SDG 14 in Small Island Developing States.
- The Global Multi-stakeholder SIDS Partnership Dialogue will have open seating with areas designated for States, inter- governmental organizations, associate members of the regional commissions, United Nations system and representatives of Major Groups.
WebcastThe Global Multi-stakeholder SIDS Partnership Dialogue will be broadcast on UN Live United Nations Web TV at the day of the event.
CONTRIBUTE TO THE SECOND PUBLICATION ON SIDS PARTNERSHIPSIn preparation for the Global Multi-stakeholder SIDS Partnership Dialogue, and other activities of the Steering Committee in 2017, the Secretariat is requesting all partnership focal points to submit a short progress report on their activities by 19 May 2017. The information will allow the Secretariat to better analyze the situation in SIDS and its partnerships, and inform the Steering Committee. It is expected that focal points should submit a short report once a year, until the completion of the partnership. These reports can be submitted through the SIDS Action Platform by logging in with your account. More information at: http://www.sids2014.org/partnership/reports/
ContactOla Göransson (Mr.)
Sustainable Development Officer & Partnerships Coordinator
Division for Sustainable Development, UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN-DESA)
E-mail: email@example.com Shifaana Thowfeequ (Ms.)
Programme Management Officer
United Nations Office of the High Representative for LDCs, LLDCs and SIDS (UN-OHRLLS)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Maria Theresa Olvida (Ms.) (for the list of speakers)
ECOSOC Affairs Branch Department of General Assembly and Conference Management