- Register a Voluntary Commitment for SDG 14
- Sign in to your account
- Click Join Community in the above button
- Click Account above and create your account.
- Once created, Contact us and let us know so we can link your Voluntary Commitment to your account.
- Contact us and let us know so we can link your Voluntary Commitment to your account.
Mangroves are highly productive ecosystems providing numerous goods and services that include support of fisheries, maintenance and improvement of water quality, coastal protection and carbon sequestration. Mangroves have been estimated to provide at least US$1.6 billion per year in ?ecosystem services? worldwide. Approximately 67% of global mangroves have been lost in the past century to coastal development, aquaculture, pollution and other human activities.The importance of mangroves is reflected in more than 90 voluntary commitments that relate to the restoration, rehabilitation, protection and management of mangroves and associated ecosystems. These voluntary commitments reflect the vital role that mangroves play in supporting livelihoods of coastal communities, sustainable fisheries, resilience to the impacts of climate change and sequestering atmospheric CO2. This community of practice aims to support its members in implementing their mangrove-related voluntary commitments by exchanging progress reports, experiences, lessons learned and good practices.
In 2018, 7 reforestation's ha [more]
See for yourself at:
Additional information, including a short video, can be found here: