- Register a Voluntary Commitment for SDG 14
- Sign in to your account
- Click Join Community in the above button
- Click Account above and create your account.
- Once created, Contact us and let us know so we can link your Voluntary Commitment to your account.
- Contact us and let us know so we can link your Voluntary Commitment to your account.
Addressing the anthropogenic pressures on marine ecosystems, such as marine pollution, overexploitation of marine living resources, coastal degradation, climate change and ocean acidification, and their impacts requires effective cross-sectoral coordination and extensive cooperation among States at global, regional and bilateral levels, including through intergovernmental organizations. International law, as reflected in UNCLOS, provides the strongest basis for such cooperation, and its effective implementation is thus critical to the sustainable development of oceans and their resources.More than 270 commitments relate to some aspects of implementing international law as reflected in UNCLOS, either as a standalone topic or as part of a diverse array of ocean management activities. This Community of Ocean Action aims to support its members in implementing their voluntary commitments related to implementation of international law as reflected in UNCLOS, human rights, gender and social justice by exchanging progress reports, experiences, lessons learned and good practices.