More and more plastics are polluting our ocean and seas - the plastic soup is getting bigger every day. Searious Business makes sure plastics don't end up in our ocean in the first place.
Reusing our plastics by circular production offers a lot of opportunities. By gathering our plastics and turning them into new products, we can reduce our plastic waste to an absolute minimum. This effective way of production will keep our ocean alive.
Searious Business believes in the power of innovation and entrepreneurship to address complex environmental challenges. With Searious Business, primary focus is on sourcing solutions for the plastic pollution going on in our ocean right now.
Searious Business stands out by using disruptive innovation at the intersection of technology, sustainability and social change. We are passionate about improving effectiveness of profit organizations as agents of change.
- work on SDG 14 (and 12) with all best effort to get 16 companies to prevent plastic pollution, and reduce plastic waste by 50%. By using showcases with those 16 companies, we want to trigger even more companies that haven't come into action yet.
- initiate inspirational projects in at least two municipalities. Gather businesses and other stakeholders for a new approach in re-designing and recycling of plastics, locally, by setting up Plastic Coops.
- involve 5 producers to use a new design standard, to use in rethink & redesign plastics. Focus on radically different products, from >95% recycled content, and recyclable. More info: www.276pieces.com
Reduce plastic waste by 50% at 16 manufacturing companies
Deliver products from >95% recycled plastics for 5 manufacturing companies, to start production and upcycle plastics
Staff / Technical expertise
Pooled knowledge and expertise on how to prevent plastic (leakage), rethink, redesign, reuse and recycle high-end products
Time-frame: 03/2017 - 05/2018
Searious Business (private sector) and great number of partners, e.g.:
- IUCN (IGO)
- UNEP (UN entity) with GPML (partnership)
- Dutch Ministry for Environmental Affairs (government)
- Philips, Unilever, Danone, Ahrend, Gispen, OMS Schuim, Camira, Kvadrat, Patagonia, Greentom, DutchSpirit & many others (private sector)
- Dutch Design Foundation (major groups and stakeholders)
- EA (scientific institution)
- Wittenburg, Stratego Branding, Centric, Accenture, QCP (private sector)(partnership)
- ECNC / EUCC
Willemijn Peeters, Founding director, email@example.com, +31637284197
Eindhoven, the Netherlands