- 8 Feb 2017 - Letter from the President of the General Assembly. Approved stakeholders for participation at The Ocean Conference
- Letter from the President of the General Assembly to representatives of non-governmental and civil society organizations and other stakeholders
- Major Groups and Other Stakeholders Information Note
Pre-registration is required for eligible (please see below) representatives of non-governmental organizations and major groups identified in Agenda 21 to participate in the Ocean Conference, to be held from 5-9 June 2017 in New York.
Pre-registration for the Ocean Conference was open from 27 March to 8 May 2017 http://bit.ly/OceanConference for organizations belonging to the following categories:
- organizations that are in consultative status with ECOSOC;
- organizations accredited to the World Summit on Sustainable Development, the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development and to previous United Nations conferences on sustainable development of small island developing States, held in Barbados, Mauritius and Samoa;
- organizations that have been approved for special accreditation to participate in the Conference and the preparatory meeting (for list please see this document).